Why Your Company is Only One Mistake Away from a Data Breach
Your company’s cyber protection is only strong as your company’s weakest password.
As a business owner, your reputation is of utmost importance. One mistake can jeopardize your success.
It’s unfortunate— but realistic—that your employees don’t share your devotion or urgency to protect internal data. This means you’re only as strong as your organization’s weakest password. And, according to a recent study by Verizon, 63% of data breaches are caused by weak, stolen or reused credentials.
With that in mind, it becomes increasingly important for business owners to be proactive. How can you ensure your employees are creating and storing passwords well?
Tips for strengthening your passwords internally
- Never allow an admin to manage software or assets under their name. Always insist accounts are under the organization’s name.
- Centralized ownership and control over passwords.
- Immediately reset passwords after employees leave.
- Create role-based access permissions.
- Require your employees to change their password every 90 days.
- Create password requirements to ensure their strength.
Staying on top of password protection can be difficult. To take control of your employee’s password strength, it’s on the employer to provide the tools necessary for success.
Provide your employees with EZPD
When a company requires employees to change their password often, running out of password ideas is commonplace. The process can cause less creativity or redundancy with passwords used. So, it should come as no surprise that 73% of online accounts are guarded by duplicate passwords.
Using duplicate passwords is risky because if one account is hacked it can create a snowball situation. Any data in your network, protected by duplicated passwords, will be at risk in the event of a data breach.
Which makes EZPD a viable solution for business owners.
EZPD is revolutionary software that allows its users to easily generate and regenerate complex passwords. Users can specify what characters, symbols and length to meet their password requirements. Then, at the click of a button, a password will be generated. EZPD also offers several features unheard of in current password management systems. This eliminates password syndrome and creates unique benefits for an organization.
A cloak of invisibility
One of the differentiating features of EZPD, compared to other password management programs, is that you never have to make your password visible with EZPD.
EZPD operates from a license file and node-locking system. This means two things:
- Passwords are connected to a license file which is registered to unique devices. Only those with access to a license file can access their passwords. As long as a user has access to their license file, they are able to:
- Generate a password
- Then delete EZPD from their computer
- Redownload EZPD when they need to access their password
- Regenerate passwords at the click of a button
- When a user generates or regenerates a password with EZPD, the information is automatically copied, which means the user simply pastes the string of characters into the necessary account.
If the user wanted to ensure security, they would never need to make their passwords visible. This cloak of invisibility makes it difficult for passwords to be stolen.
Role-based access permissions
EZPD also allows its users to share license files. If a sensitive data file needs to be shared to specific shareholders in a company, it’s best to password protect the file and find a way to share the password securely than risk submitting it via email, chat or as a written note.
With EZPD software, license files can connect multiple, authorized devices, which can regenerate the same passwords for programs without submitting them electronically or manually. It also guarantees centralized and controlled ownership of important data.
Like password generation or regeneration with an individual license file, only those with access to a license file can access their passwords, and once a password is generated, it simply needs to be pasted into the password field. There is no need to make the password visible.
EZPD can be redownloaded as often as necessary and users can create over 3,500 unique passwords through the program. Learn more about the unique features of EZPD and how it can protect your business from being breached.